Sunday, November 24, 2019

24NOV19 Continuing and Finishing the Fire Giant

So, continuing reight along here I have my lower body painting process documented with pictures.  My chain mail rendering leaves much to be desired at this point, and so far...  My dry brushing got away from me and got into the depressions and didn't stay on the surface as desired...  So, going to bac to learn that method in the future, at least with chain mail!





I was quite happy with my mix of orange and yellow for the bronze and the use of three layers of turqoise for the gems.  Sure, being a Fire Giant maybe I should have gone for reds and other warmer colors...  But I like the contrast better this way.  Blame too many hours of Skyrim?


Here is the euipment belt with the knife in detail.  Three shades of just about everything but the leather.  I lighted all the paint with Ivory instead of white, and so far have never been upset at the results.  Always tends to leave me the option to highlight (either the color I mixed with Ivory mixed with white instead, or in the case of the knife handle that was painted Ivory, just white on the Ivory) with white paint later for the really shiny materials later!

Pre-final assembly, Giant and his loot for the discerning delving party to (try) to aquire from him.
Assembled and looking pretty sharp there!  Pardon my poor photography here.  That is in the works...  Base is pretty basic, just a simple 50mm round I found on Thingiverse and 3D printed for now.  I'll try to find, or make, a suitable dungeon style base in the future!





Detail of his face.  Hair was a base of Raw Sienna with orange (fire) highlights to drive home the Fire Giant heritage along with the red eyes and soot black skin.

Fire Giant stands heand and shoulders over the others!  Looks better than the earliest miniature I painted (up front, a GW LotR, second row back would be Reaper, with a WizKids Deep Cuts Fire Elemental [posted earlier] on the left and a Reaper Bones Minotaur on the Right).

No comments:

Post a Comment