Saturday, December 30, 2023

30DEC23 Haydon Commandos Pt. 2


Figured I would start off with a photo of the nearly finished leader (in my mind, an NCO like a Sargent or Corpral equivalent).

My attempt to capture a 28mm scale UK DPM temperate climate pattern camo was...  Pretty OK.  Looks like my M81 Woodland in he same scale!  

Color selection for the major parts:
Medium flesh and black to pick out face, hands, an the headband of the berets.
Just that little touch of black went a long way!
Forest green kicked off the start of the DPM splotches on the base of plaid bone.  
Followed by burnt umber.  Here I realized I hadn't added enough mid and high lights!
So I went with more khaki earlier, over the darker areas and the gators over the boots (as planned initially).  I probably should have started on the khaki as a base coat, this paint is translucent enough!
Back to black for camo splotches and picking details like buckles.
Hippo gray made good Las barrels, scopes, and battery mags.
Ivory was applied to the patches and lenses.

Finally, I went back and detailed with every color and few others to tighten things up and finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment